Sweet Lilacs

I don't have as many blossoms on my lilac bush this year.   It might be due to the dry winter, I suppose.   It's been one of my favorite photo subjects each year so I'm a little disappointed that it's not sharing quite as much with me.   I also have NO blossoms on my crabapple tree.   They were starting to come out a few weeks ago when we were hit with heavy rain and wind.   I think they were all knocked to the ground...another BIG disappointment since that is my very very favorite photo subject.   Ah well, we just do the best we can when Mother Nature takes away some of our fun.





Comments

TexWisGirl said…
i wish we had lilacs here!
Anonymous said…
They look good enough to eat.... well, almost good enough to eat.
fromsophiesview said…
So sorry to hear how MN has played with your shrubs this year...no respect...on the other side I LOVE YOUR HEADER!period!
Daryl said…
so pretty ... I got a macro of a bud this weekend I need to post ..
Nancy said…
For what it's worth -- ours only lasted a couple of weeks. Now gone.
Anonymous said…
Mine just bloomed this week and I had to bring a few clips inside to enjoy the smell. PRETTY picture by your eye again - of course!

Popular Posts