They Make Me Smile

I had 2 hummingbirds show up yesterday morning after I changed the water in the new feeder.   I took some....okay, several....photos through the window.   It's not easy capturing their adorable-ness through the window, but I'm working on it every chance I get.   




I believe this is a male Anna's Hummingbird which are very common along the Pacific Coast.   

I finally forced myself to leave the window and took off for a walk on the beach in Morro Bay.   I'm hoping the little hummer will show up again this morning.   Maybe I should give him a name.

I hope you have something that makes you smile today, no matter how small.


Comments

Unknown said…
Hummers always make me smile. There is only one species in my area, so you are lucky to have some different ones.
Comfypjs said…
I almost bought that same feeder but I was talked into one with a well at the top to deter ants. And it also has little things they can perch on while feeding. I have tons of them coming to my feeder. They are feisty little birds! Zipping all over the place and hovering close enough to entertain my cat.
Hummingbird watching is highly addictive ... pace yourself.
Anonymous said…
What beautiful hummers!
Anonymous said…
Sure loving my hummers... looking out at one as I type this.
Daryl said…
those are wonderful captures!
I agree with the others, they are great photos! It has been a hard day, but there were those simple things that has it ending on a good note.
Pat said…
Excellent photos. I get out of breath looking at hummingbirds! ;)
simply bev said…
Great photos of the hummers! I haven't seen too many in our area this summer and I miss them!

Popular Posts