Soar

I have moved my two horses back to my previous barn home.   I decided I couldn't be friendly with my former friend as she had been hot and cold with me for a few years, then exploding at me in a way I would never be able to get past.   Too much water under the bridge, over the dam, whatever.   I don't trust her to be kind and genuine with me.   Sometimes we think our source of stress is one thing, or two things, or three things.   Then we find out it's one person.   Trying to be careful with my words, figure out whether it's the public or private face I'm seeing, do with my horses what she thinks is best, it's all exhausting and stressful.   I don't need it and I don't want that in my life.   I paid my remaining board, left a few things that she had given or loaned me, and drove away.   I realize now that this was no longer a friendship on any terms that I value.   Too much control, too much judgment can wear away at your spirit until you have to get away.   

It's so very nice to be back at Cheryl's where everyone is so genuine and warm and welcoming and supportive.   It is the biggest breath of fresh air I've taken in months.   

Soar on your own wings, alongside people who truly care and will always have your back.  



Comments

Tabor said…
It is always frightening to see how one can sink into a friendship and think it is good and find out it is toxic. Life is too short and glad you are on a fresh, new path.
Daryl said…
hooray for you and getting out from what sounds like an abusive situation … hugs!
This N That said…
Soar like an eagle! Sounds like you made the right decision and are more content. I hope so.
Comfypjs said…
I heard a s-i-g-h of relief in that post. You definitely do not need any more stress that what comes with a remodel for sure. Especially a kitchen remodel!
Wonderful advice on a lot of levels. Thanks for the reminder. I hope your horses are happy at their new/old home, and you find peace in knowing you've made the best choice for you and your horses.
Cloudia said…
Thank You for this wisdom we ALL need to remember. Much appreciated [and validated]



ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^= . <3
Lynne said…
Don't you wonder what the drawing into that someone was, in the first place . . . especially now, when you've stepped away and know you don't ever want to go back.
Michelle said…
Stunning b/w shot of the bird in flight.
Anonymous said…
Well done for walking away. It's not easy.

Popular Posts