Sunday Awesomeness

The humpback whales are feeding in the bay at Avila Beach.    It's been packed with people wanting to catch sight of these awesome creatures.   We drove down yesterday morning and arrived at 8:00 in hopes of getting a parking place, and we scored.   We walked out on the very long Avila Pier and spent two hours watching a few of the whales cruising.   Although none of them came right next to the pier as they had on previous days, it was still worth the experience.   The bay was like glass with an overcast sky and you could hear the whales as they would come up and blow.   Had I been there without so many people, and had a comfortable chair to get off my feet, I honestly could have stayed all day.   

And dolphins!!!!






With our temperatures approaching triple digits this week, I will probably go again....as long as the whales stay.   

It's Monday....enjoy the day.

Comments

Tabor said…
Great photos and I can certainly see why you did not want to leave. It looks so peaceful.
Pepper Medley said…
Love watching dolphins,although I have not had many opportunities to do so, but they are so playful and fun!
AWESOME!!!! Lucky you!!...:)JP
OMG!!! I am so jealous!!! I absolutely NEVER get tired of seeing whales, no matter what kind.
Lynne said…
Wonderful pictures . . . .
What a treat to see through you . . .
Triple digits does not sound fun . . .
Comfypjs said…
WOW! Just WOW! In all my days of living in California and visiting the coast I have never seen anything but a whale spray. You are one lucky girl!
WOW! Awesome sights. I would be there every day to see these magnificent whales.
BlueShell said…
Love those creatures.
Amazing photos , I must say...

Here we have temperatures of 35º Celsius-
Hug
BShell

Popular Posts