More Salad, Please

Now that we've been in some real honest to goodness California Winter weather, I haven't been getting enough exercise.   I've been cooking with my relatively new Instant Pot, trying recipes that sound warm and filling.   And now, I need more salad.   I haven't been eating enough fruits and vegetables.   I'm craving salad.   No more beans for a while.   Probably never again split pea soup.   Definitely more chicken adobo.   And salad.   Lots and lots of salad.

This afternoon I took a nap.   I needed one because one of our dogs was skunked last night.   We went ten years with these two and no skunking.  I wasn't sure that's what it was at first because it didn't really smell like a skunk.   So I was a bit worried when I went to bed.   The odor wasn't too too bad this morning,  but enough to drift through the house a bit, especially after I left for a while today and opened the door when I got home.   And so I had to give her a bath.   We don't often give our dogs baths at home because we don't have warm water outside.   They are 50 and 75 pounds, a little large for bathing in the house.   But as it was only about 45 degrees outside today, I had no choice.   I looked on Bee Haven Acres blog because she has what she calls her skunk kit.   I didn't have enough hydrogen peroxide but used what I had.   Zoey has long hair so it's not an easy task and took some time.   Lifting her into the tub and bending over made my back sore.  So I dried her off the best I could, cleaned up the mess, changed my clothes, and hit the bed.   I feel much better now.   But she still needs another bath.   

Now it's 3:45 and normally I let the dogs run around out on the property this time of day.   The grass is getting long and it's staying pretty wet from all the rains we've had over the past week or two or whatever it's been.   I've lost track.   I hate for Zoey to get wet again because once the sun starts to sink, the temperatures start to drop and her bed is still wet from being washed so she has no place to lie down and keep warm.   That's sometimes what happens to my brain when I have a problem to deal with.   It starts working overtime, over thinking whatever is going on.    I think it's because I haven't been eating enough salad.


I hope I sleep well tonight.   Have a nice weekend.



Comments

Love it. I just bought two bunches of salad greens and plan on having it all week long! So great minds think alike I guess.
Lynne said…
Getting "skunked" is a good reason for a nap.
I am into "lots of green and leafy" these days too!
Hope the "fragrance" improves . . .
Pepper Medley said…
I definitely could use some salad, but it's hard during the winter for greens to satisfy and keep our engines running. Soups can be just as healthy for me as long as I don't over-eat. Sorry about the skunking. It's so much work to bathe a pet and get the stink off, and to be honest, the complete stink does not go away for some time. Take two naps today!
This N That said…
Sure...blame it on the "no salad"..I have the makings of the BHA skunk kit in my garage..just in case..Their dogs are big too..I think they just go in the shower..Fortunately, I can bathe Mollie in the kitchen sink if need be..Glad your back is feeling better. Bending over for any length of time can be a chore..I hope your Sunday is going well..
Daryl said…
i dont know if salad is a cure for an over-active worry brain ... sigh ... i used to make fun of my mom and said if she didnt have something to worry about she couldnt be happy but i find as i get to know myself better that i too have this issue .. right now its worry that the skin issues our Harry has are recurring .... sigh, i knew it was going to be a life long battle but i hoped we could wean him down to steroids every other day .. nope .. last night while scratching his chin i found a lesion .. good thing we see the vet Friday so i only have to obsess for a few days .. today he's going back on the meds 2X a day vs the 1X we'd made it to for a whole week .. damn ..pass me some salad would you
Tabor said…
Hubby has been gone and I have been very lazy about eating. Salad, I do need more salad,
beth said…
I'm hoping to catch back up with all that I have missed.....and you're one of them!!!

Popular Posts