Check and Check

We have purchased airline tickets to New York City....Check.
We have an Airbnb room all lined up....Check.
Now we have to wait until October.   

I went to New York once, over a weekend, after a business trip to Boston and enroute home.   It was a quick trip and I barely remember anything.   Cab ride, very small hotel room, Broadway, bagels, watching some undercover cops screech to a stop, jump out and grab a guy.   I'm not sure what we'll do this time besides visit Melinda and Pete, the newlyweds and Brooklyn residents.   It's something to look forward to after the hot summer months.   For sure I am imagining the photos I will be able to take in a city so vastly different from where we live.   

It's still Spring and now we've entered into that warming up/wind blowing phase where my allergies kick my backside and I spend more time indoors than I would like.   I drove to Morro Bay one day which was perfect.   Other than that, just routine stuff.   Also, I've spent time online researching places that are not in California for eventual retirement.   Prescott, AZ is looking interesting.   Not too hot, not too cold, pretty landscape, relatively low humidity, 100 miles from Phoenix and all "big city" things that we may need.  I lived in Arizona for 12 years so it feels a bit more familiar to me than other places would.  Too bad they don't have an ocean.    The biggest struggle is how to leave this....



I've mostly known the moves I've made in my life were the right decision at that time.   Thinking back, none of them were made with a whole lot of forethought as the opportunities arose and I acted on them.   Perhaps it's a little too soon to be concerned with details, but that's how my brain works sometimes.   Maybe it's best to bookmark a couple things without checking them off, at least for now.    After all, you never know what might happen between now and the time these lilacs bloom again.   


Have a very nice weekend and thanks for stopping by.



Comments

We're in the same phase as you, we're looking at WA state. Just can't afford to retire here comfortably and have enough money to do all the fun things we like to do. Like you, I will miss the ocean, but you might consider looking at places with abundant water -- perhaps streams, lakes, etc. will make up for not seeing the ocean? That's what I'm hoping for, anyway! But I hear good things about Prescott, and it even snows once in awhile! So pretty.
This N That said…
I love NYC to visit..I had a friend who lived there and got to know a lot about the city..Easy to get around in..We have pollen problems ere now as well...I don't know how you could leave that coastline..I love your first picture..It looks like one of those prehistoric beasts with the horns on their noses..I'm sure my grandson could name it easily..
Hope you are having a good weekend...
Lynne said…
I was thinking yesterday . . .
Mister Irish and I need another trip to NYC . . .
(friends are there right now which got me thinking)
(and now you mentioning it)
(an omen or something . . . time to book a trip)
If I were you, I think it would be difficlt to be away from those water views . . .
BUT . . . no matter where you retire and settle . . .
I'm sure there will be photo opportunity thrills . . .
Like those above . . .
That first pic . . . oh my . . .
Happy Springtime Denise . . . with less wind!
Daryl said…
October is, in my opinion, the perfect time to visit NYC ...
Unknown said…
I'm sure my grandson could name it easily..
Hope you are having a good weekend...


หนังใหม่

Popular Posts