Staking A Claim

We have two little hummers buzzing around here daily since they found the feeder and decided it's really good.   We just came home from running errands and were doing a few things outside for about fifteen minutes.   The two little cuties were zooming around the entire time, from one tree to another, over to the feeder, making their little buzzing wing noises.   I tried to get a photo from outside but they are moving around too fast for me to capture them.   They land in the pine tree, the redwood tree, and atop the browning lilac bush, but still elude my lens.   So back inside I went to take some "through the window" shots.   I just love these little birds!


Comments

Lin said…
Do yours migrate for the winter? They do here....and I'm wondering if mine are still around.
Daryl said…
they are tough to capture but you did a good job!
Comfypjs said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
I love hummingbirds, too! They are fascinating to watch. Ours will soon be gone for the winter.
Lynne said…
So difficult to get their picture . . . looks like you did it. Great shot . . .
Hi Denise great to have these little birds living so close to you. Great shot.
Anonymous said…
I still have at least two visiting constantly throughout the days, in fact one is sitting on the feeder outside my window as I type this. Ours will soon be heading further south and reappear in the springtime. They are a total joy to watch.
Rain said…
Great shot! Ours went south already .... Or I would have sent them your way!!!!
Rain :)
Tabor said…
Next year I will work more on the hummingbird feeders!!
Willow said…
I absolutely ADORE hummingbirds our farm is full of them from late April til mid September. We have feeders and flowers that keep them coming back each year and they are quite fearless about our company, so cute the way they buzz about around me. In September they leave New England for the warmer climates . I am missing them .
Thank you for the lovely share. Aren't they just wonderful.
Michelle said…
Mine seem to be gone for the season. This is a sweet shot.
Unknown said…
And may I say, you have crazy clean windows. Great shot.
Pat said…
They are indeed cute, and you caught one 'sitting down'.

Popular Posts