1. In California, our primetime television is from 8 to 11 rather than 7 to 10. I rarely stay up until 11 because this time of year I wake up around 5 or 5:30. This week I got involved with 2 movies that weren't ended until 11 and so I missed the last 30-45 minutes. Now I have to find them somewhere so I can finish them. One of them involved hobo camps in the 1930's.
2. I did all I could to solve the problem of the heat wave for my chickens. With the tarps and shade cloths, the chicken yard looks like a hobo camp. I should have taken photos. I wouldn't be surprised to see them huddled about cooking up some hobo stew with worms and bugs and such.
3. I grew up in a small town in Iowa. It's very near a town named Britt that hosts the National Hobo Convention. I've never attended but I remember talk about hobos when I was growing up. You don't hear about them anymore.
4. Moving away from the hobo theme....I baked some cod with bread crumbs last night. It was very boring and definitely needed something else for flavor. I will have to search for cod recipes, although the oven is not going to be turned on again for a long long time because it's too hot.
5. I had a travel trailer about 10 years ago. I took it to horse shows, which I attended more frequently, and stayed there rather than a hotel. I loved that trailer. I could live in a nice travel trailer for a summer, hook it up near the coast and cook outside on a small grill. Doesn't that sound delightful?
Sharing with Nancy