Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Not Always Blue Skies

Because we are so close to the coast, we get fog that rolls in on us.   In the summer, when it's very hot, it acts like a natural air conditioner.   That's when we love the fog.   It lasts a while in the morning and then burns off.   This time of year, when the mornings are dark anyway, it blankets us and creates a drizzly mist.   It makes the mornings seem very slow moving.   And it's hard to get my motor running.


This is a quick shot of THIS morning taken with my phone about 7AM when I let the dogs out back.   One of my neighbors is actually walking her dog over there.   I can't see her but the dogs ran up to visit.   



When the sun starts to rise over the hills, it sometimes makes for pretty photos.



I'm moving slowly this morning.   S L O W L Y.   The donkeys are fed, the dogs are fed, but the chickens have to stay in and complain for a while.   Predators can lurk in the fog and I try not to take those chances.   Let them complain until I just can't listen anymore.   B'gawk!


Have a good day.   

10 comments:

Beth said...

the 2nd picture with the sun poking through is just gorgeous. what a view. we had fog this morning as well with 38 degree temps. guess fall is here with a little winter as well. ha. (:

TexWisGirl said...

love that 2nd photo!

missing moments said...

all are great ... love the fog!

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Love the fog here, as long as it lifts by the time I am done with my second cup of coffee... or third.

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

The sun coming out of the clouds is lovely. And I know all about inpatient chickens. :)

Karen said...

You B'gawk just like your sister! :-)

Gone Country said...

I know exactly you mean about moving slow on cold, foggy mornings! Happens to me too. Cool photos!

Mark said...

The sun through the fog, pretty cool.

My Kid's Mom said...

Love that fog - reminds me of the mountains down home and the mist that comes up every morning.

Kerri said...

We have fog a lot here too. There is such beauty in fog.....and in your images!

My Online Life

It's become more and more about online shopping for me.   And mostly Amazon.   You can find almost anything by shopping on Amazon and wi...