Quick Trip to SLO?

Not really.   SLO is San Luis Obispo.   I live about 20 minutes from there.   Because most of the towns in SLO County are relatively small,  certain items require a drive over the Cuesta Grade to SLO.   It is a beautiful town, home to Cal Poly, good restaurants, and a great downtown.    *Insert photo of our favorite trattoria*



We always sit at the table by the window, over by where the orange sign is standing.


Anyway, I have had a MacBook Pro for a year or less, in addition to my iMac which I LOVE.   I use both of them, really I do.   The power cord on the MacBook stopped working and I realized the wires inside had broken where the end had pulled apart.   Ack.   Off to SLO today, after I rode my horse and filled the truck with gas ($3.88/gal).   There are 2 places in SLO to buy Apple products.   I don't generally like to go downtown in my truck unless I have to, due to parking, so I decided the Mac Superstore would be easier than the Apple store.   I drove there.   


It was closed.   It had relocated to the south end of SLO where all the big superstores are now residing.   Costco, BIG A$$ Target, etc. etc.   I drove there.   When I pulled into the parking lot, it was one of those lots we have in California where 90% of the thousands of spaces are for compact cars.   And now 5% are for parking electric vehicles as they will have recharging stations (great idea).   I'm not sure where the 5% are that will fit a Ford truck.   So I went around the side and took 2 parking spaces.   


I got into the store....very nice new store.....and asked about the replacement power cord.   $69.99!!!!   With tax, out the door for $75.00 and suddenly not liking my MacBook at all.    I wanted to stop for a nice lunch but after spending $100 to fill my truck with gas and $75 for a new power cord, I went to Von's instead for a few groceries.    Here's what I have to show for my not so quick trip to SLO.    It says Super Buy.   I don't think so.


Yep, this is how I look during the day.   My hair was messy from being outside taking care of animals and if you see my sissy, tell her I am NOT putting on lip gloss for a quick snapshot on a busy day like this.    Ha!   She's too busy with company this week to care anyway:-)


Besides that, it was a very nice day.   I hope yours was too.

Comments

TexWisGirl said…
don't you love surprises like that! not!
Anonymous said…
Just blogging for a few minutes tonite and visiting as many bloggy friends as possible... Now GO PUT ON SOME LIP GLOSS... LMAO

Love ya!
Anonymous said…
I had to replace the adapter for my IBM Thinkpad a couple weeks ago, and managed to find one online for $40 I thought THAT was high...!
Lore said…
I love going to towns like that - those that have cute little shops you don't find everywhere else in the country. You look great, no lip gloss needed.
The Garden Girl said…
SLO - Edna Valley Winery? My brother goes there when he is in California..luvs SLO - and the wine!

Popular Posts