Friday, November 11, 2011

Just in Time

It's Friday.   And it just started raining about 12:30 with the temperature dropping about 10 degrees along with it.   But it feels good because I finished my "stuff I gotta do" list and now I can just get cozy in the house for the rest of the day.


I hurried the chickens into their house.   I hurried the donkeys in and closed the gate out to the property, put fresh hay in their shelter, and was happy again that I have good protection for them this year.   (sneaking in one of my favorite photos of them from last year)

He ain't heavy, he's my brudder.

Earlier today I put chili in the crockpot so dinner is checked off the list.   The laundry is caught up for today.   I went to Trader Joe's to stock up on things we only buy at that store.   I also sealed the grout in the hall bath so that's another finished project.   


Now I have a cup of tea with honey, a fresh warm sweatshirt, a sweetheart with his tummy full of hot chili, had my feet rubbed (Oh yes!), and I am just listening to the rain outside.   I have a very comforting sense of satisfaction and peace.   Don't you just love that feeling?   I wish that for all of you too.

5 comments:

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Me wants a foot rub too... waaaah. But Hubby is gone. Your day, however, sounds complete and very satisfying to the soul.

Gone Country said...

I love those moments of satisfaction and peace!

Sounds like you got a lot done... wanna come over here?! LOL!

Enjoy your evening and have a great weekend!

Oh yea, love the donkey photo! Such sweeties!

Madge @ The View From Right Here said...

Yes, Denise... I love rainy day afternoons when I can veg a bit. It's been an achy week for me (medication change) and I'm thankful I don't HAVE to do the 'normal' stuff today... listening to the rain, having tea and talking to my blog friends!

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

Sounds like a wonderfully awesome day! The chili sounds yum!

Country Girl said...

Foot rubs and warm sweatshirts, with a cup of tea. Heaven!

My Online Life

It's become more and more about online shopping for me.   And mostly Amazon.   You can find almost anything by shopping on Amazon and wi...