Fancy and the Chicken

Someone on Google+ asked about our favorite photos.   It got me thinking about my favorites.   This is certainly high on my list.   I took this at least 4 years ago, maybe 5.   This is my mare, Fancy.   She used to be my riding horse and is now retired, keeping company with her friend of several years, Goldie.   I love and cherish Fancy.


Some of my horses could not stand sharing food with the chickens I had at that time.   Fancy didn't mind at all, and so they shared the grain in peace and quiet.   The photo was taken at dusk so it's a little dark.   


What a great coupla gals:-)

Comments

TexWisGirl said…
that's really sweet. :)
One of my favorites of yours as well. :-))
missing moments said…
How wonderful they are sharing and what a great capture!
How cute! That chicken has attitude. :)
Karen said…
I love that pic!... my chicks and horses don't mix.
Ellen said…
That is one of the most adorable pictures I have ever seen. Just beautiful!
I can see why it is one of your favorites. What a sweet photo.
What a wonderful keepsake! Funny how some animals just hit it off...looks like these two did. Great photo!
Lore said…
One of my favs too.
Word Weaver Art said…
Love this! It should be a poster with a great quote about getting along.
:)

Popular Posts