Friday, June 22, 2012

How's Cooper?

He is doing very well, thanks for asking.   For those of you who don't know, Cooper is my horse who was stuck on a broker's lot in Pennsylvania after going through the New Holland auction.   Horses purchased by these brokers are either headed straight for slaughter or sent back through the auction to make a buck so they can purchase more.   It's an awful situation that I've described here before.   


But this is about Cooper and how well he's doing:-)   He is at a trainer's and I adore her.   And he is very bonded with her, paying attention and trying to please.   Because he was likely a buggy horse, he will take a rider but doesn't know very much.   He was used to pointing his nose straight ahead, keeping his body straight, and getting that buggy where it was going.   


Here are a few photos after he'd been worked by the trainer, rinsed, had an apple, and was drying off before going back to his stall.   Have a very nice Friday and weekend.






12 comments:

Beverly said...

Denise....he is beautiful!! Most likely was an Amish horse!! New Holland is about an hour and a half from me. Never been there. I can't go, because I would bring them all home with me. Auctions break my heart.

Snooks said...

Aww what a sweetie pie face. He looks so good. Nice and filled in. I bet he is just as sweet if not sweeter then he looks. You have quite a little gem. (Well maybe not so little). Enjoy him!!

@ 3Beeze Homestead

TexWisGirl said...

such a pretty bay!

missy max said...

Denise..He's a beauty..I'm sure he's a happy horse now!!!

Comfypjs said...

What a beautiful horse! My aunt used to have horses and I was able to ride them on the weekends. I sure miss those days :(

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Me don't know nuttin' bout horsies except that they are pretty. :-) Cooper looks bright eyed and healthy.

Gone Country said...

What a beautiful boy!

I'm so glad he's doing well with the trainer.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

He's really a handsome boy!! I'm glad he's coming along and has found safety!!

Lynne said...

Cooper is a keeper!

Hartwood Roses said...

What a handsome boy!!

CountryDew said...

He's beautiful!

Lin said...

Wow, that's awful! I'm sure glad he is someplace safe now.

My Online Life

It's become more and more about online shopping for me.   And mostly Amazon.   You can find almost anything by shopping on Amazon and wi...