Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Cayucos Pier

After a big storm, the beach is often a good place to take photos.   I spent just over an hour there yesterday and there were lots of treasures.   It was mid-afternoon, the waves were good enough for a few surfers, and there was an interesting light as the fog started rolling in way out in the distance.   This photo had a very monochrome look to it so I decided to try it in black and white.   

My soul needed a little photo time after several days of storms rolling through.   I was satisfied.


9 comments:

Snooks said...

Pictures seem to have the best effect when there is a storm involved. Thanks for posting this picture. I miss the coast so much. My husband and I used to take off for a quick trip to the Santa Cruz area on days when the valley was so hot. Our most favorite time to be there was in November. Now we are 7 hours away. I have been watching the weather keeping up with your recent storms there, looks and sounds like you guys got hit pretty hard. Stay safe.

@ 3Beeze Homestead

Karen said...

Your blog looks beautiful!

Cloudia said...

silver!




Happy Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral

~ > < } } ( ° >

> < 3 3 3 ( ' >

Lin said...

Lovely. Made me smile.

Country Girl said...

Oh, how beautiful.

Nancy Claeys said...

Lovely -- black and white is a wonderful choice for this image Denise. :)

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

The shine off the water is what makes this entire photo shine. :-)

Mark said...

I think you made the right black and white choice. Great.

shadowlake2005 said...

You're so fortunate to have such beauty within reach! And thanks for sharing your fabulous pictures.

My Online Life

It's become more and more about online shopping for me.   And mostly Amazon.   You can find almost anything by shopping on Amazon and wi...