Pull Over

The blue skies returned yesterday, but with very chilling wind.   I was driving toward home, via the barn, about 3:00, when I spotted the most beautiful clouds in the distance.   I drove through town and kept checking for a place to stop for photos.   Nothing.   So I kept going out of town, thinking there would be a driveway or something.   Nothing.   Drove a few more miles and finally!!   I was happy to have my Nikon with me, as well as a warm jacket and hat.   It was cold!!  So I was standing alongside the road, traffic going by, wind whipping around me, and quickly took a few photos to satisfy myself.   I wasn't sure they would be okay because I really was hurrying and thought my hair might be blowing in front of the lens.   

So I was pleased when I got home and looked at them.   It captured the simple beauty of the landscape that we love in our area.   Rolling hills, sparse oaks, a beautiful blue sky, and on this day some clouds that look like soft pillows in the distance.   And that was all it took to complete my day.   It's just the opportunity to pull over that can make me just a bit more appreciative of the moment.

Today I will pull over in the parking lot of my hair stylist for a little pampering.   That will definitely make this another good day.


Comments

Unknown said…
Post cards! Enough said.
Anonymous said…
Awesome pic! Have a great hair appt. I am over-due in that department of my life. xox
shadowlake2005 said…
Beautiful! I'm glad you pulled over, it was well worth it.
Daryl said…
LOVE this .. a perfect shot
Reena said…
This is such a beautiful shot! Those clouds are just perfect!
Green Monkey said…
its as though the clouds are there for the tree to rest! "here... rest.. you are magnificent... we see you"
Nancy said…
The tree is amazing, as is the green grass in the foreground.

Popular Posts