Okay, here we go.....another Friday with Nancy!
I don't know the year of this photo, but I was probably in junior high.
1. I have almost all solid colors in my closet. I used to wear prints when I had a career and would dress up 5 days a week. Now that I live on our little ranch property with animals, everything is a solid color. I'm not really sure why. A lot of fabric prints just don't appeal to my eye. Maybe the designers aren't doing a good job?
2. I am fascinated by genetics. My two passions at this time in my life are photography and horses. My grandfather was a horse trainer and my grandmother never went anywhere without her Brownie camera. Do my interests come from them? I think it's possible.
3. When I was in high school, I had very long hair and very long legs. As a freshman, I was called "Legs" by a rather cocky senior named Tom. Maybe he thought I liked the attention, but it drew attention to me that I could have done without because I had a rather shy personality.
4. I can groom and ride my horse, getting my hands dirty, then casually wiping them off before I eat an apple. It doesn't bother me in the least. I would never do that after shaking hands with a person or in a restaurant. I haven't had the flu or any serious illness in many years. Being a bit of a germ-a-phobe has its advantages.
5. My grandma's house was filled with family treasures. When a tornado blew through her town, she lost everything except a high chair that was my mom's. I have that high chair and will give it to my sister's daughter.