Very Different - For Me

When I play around with textures in PicMonkey, it's to create something quite different from the actual photo.   Simply laying a texture over my photos to lighten or soften doesn't seem to appeal to my eye, given that most of my photos are bright colors taken outdoors.   So I choose some that don't scream "add texture" to me and just have fun.

Our fabulous Lupines are blooming right now, turning hillsides blue.   I have noticed them in places that I haven't seen in past years, like my own property.   We have a scattered few here and there, nothing to turn our slopes that glorious blue, but maybe that bodes well for future years?   

This hillside has a lot of blue and I wish I could trespass over the fences to take more photos from a closer spot.   Anyway, here's my play with texture for this week's Tuesday Muse.    I added Nancy's Skies - Laundry Day.    I think it's a rather surprising change.





Comments

Barbara said…
LOVE IT! Your edit is gorgeous.
Daryl said…
its a wonderful shot and made all the more so with that texture
TexWisGirl said…
our bluebonnets are just beginning this year. cool shot!
Missy George said…
Good job..I love playing with Pic Monkey..need more time..
I like very few photos with texture added to them. I don't think most people use them properly and just make a mess of the original photo. I for one don't know how to use textures properly so I choose to not use them. I do enjoy PicMonkey but rarely do I even use their textures.
shirley said…
That is quite a different result than the normal! I do prefer the original - especially the hill swells
Marie said…
Love what you did with the photo! Wow! And your header is to die for!
Snap said…
wow! very different. i like it!
bettyl said…
Great editing, I like it a lot. I do my editing in photoscape but I'll have to try picmonkey.
I love it--It looks like a painting! I have got to play with PicMonkey more!
Sharon said…
I love lupine! We even have it growing along the freeway but I can't stop to photograph it, of course. Nice photos!
It looks like you've sewn it! I love the original!
Laura said…
beautiful in both offerings!

Popular Posts