First, let me say that these are NOT photos of my garden. These are photos I took while wandering around the garden center yesterday, dreaming of a garden.
1. We have critters around our property that keep me from having the garden of my dreams. These critters include my 16 free-ranging chickens who would definitely do a lot of damage.
2. We are having a drought year and I get concerned about watering plants, so we didn't put in any new bare root fruit trees this year. We don't have Summer rain in our area. Our rainy season is in the Winter.
3. I had a gas grill and finally threw it out after many years of good use. We bought a small charcoal grill a few years ago and now I want a gas grill again. So I keep looking, but the prices are keeping me from buying. I want a Weber because I know they will last. This photo is obviously not a grill, but a beautiful planter on a stand. Love it.
4. Bouganvillea is deer resistant. This photo does not do justice to the beauty of this one, called Thai Imperial Delight. Google it. It's gorgeous. Then I would need a trellis.
5. My tomato plants are getting really tall and look healthy. I know absolutely nothing about what to expect with them. They have been flowering but so far no fruit. I guess I'll keep waiting. Should I be fertilizing regularly? This is not a tomato plant, obviously, but I love this little bird bath. And more flowers. And another Buddha. Oh dear, is this random enough?
Enjoy your holiday weekend. You know where to find me....at the garden center!!!!
I think it happens every Winter, the need to purge stuff. It seems we spend years collecting stuff, holding on to stuff, only to find late...
It rained and rained all day Sunday. But then Monday came 'round and we had a beautiful welcome break. I decided to drive over to th...
I travelled a fair amount when I was in my 30s and 40s. A lot of it was on company business and we didn't have a strict budget, so I c...
I'm thinking about changing the name of my blog. When I started this, a great deal of my energy and focus was on our animals that we h...