First, let me say that these are NOT photos of my garden. These are photos I took while wandering around the garden center yesterday, dreaming of a garden.
1. We have critters around our property that keep me from having the garden of my dreams. These critters include my 16 free-ranging chickens who would definitely do a lot of damage.
2. We are having a drought year and I get concerned about watering plants, so we didn't put in any new bare root fruit trees this year. We don't have Summer rain in our area. Our rainy season is in the Winter.
3. I had a gas grill and finally threw it out after many years of good use. We bought a small charcoal grill a few years ago and now I want a gas grill again. So I keep looking, but the prices are keeping me from buying. I want a Weber because I know they will last. This photo is obviously not a grill, but a beautiful planter on a stand. Love it.
4. Bouganvillea is deer resistant. This photo does not do justice to the beauty of this one, called Thai Imperial Delight. Google it. It's gorgeous. Then I would need a trellis.
5. My tomato plants are getting really tall and look healthy. I know absolutely nothing about what to expect with them. They have been flowering but so far no fruit. I guess I'll keep waiting. Should I be fertilizing regularly? This is not a tomato plant, obviously, but I love this little bird bath. And more flowers. And another Buddha. Oh dear, is this random enough?
Enjoy your holiday weekend. You know where to find me....at the garden center!!!!
We are nearly certain we won't retire here. As much as we have loved living here on the Central Coast, it is just very expensive and n...
The morning after my day of irritation, a young friend of mine was injured in an accident and ended up in the hospital. The family didn...
The new tree is standing in the corner of the living room with lights and so far nothing else. I love to get up in the morning and see th...
It's become more and more about online shopping for me. And mostly Amazon. You can find almost anything by shopping on Amazon and wi...