Random 5 Friday

This is probably my favorite day to blog because random thoughts are just so easy to put down on paper....or keyboard and monitor.   

1.    I am not a big fan of ice cream.   I like it, I just don't crave it or think about having it like some people do.   Homemade ice cream is really good and I could definitely eat a lot of that if I had it in the house.   Instead of ice cream, I like to keep Talenti gelato in the freezer in case I want a tasty cold treat. This is a new flavor of theirs I've discovered and I give it a two spoons up.


2.    I bought a new riding helmet this week because my other helmet didn't seem to fit as well as I'd like.   It also lost a piece that keeps the band in place.   This new one is a lower profile with great adjustment features and I'm really liking the comfort of the fit.   Yes, that's Beau....such a great horse!


3.   I finally bought a new desk chair yesterday.   After getting rid of my very old chair, I've been using one of our dining chairs.   The problem has been that it's all wrong for sitting at a desk using a computer.   And it's been contributing to my shoulder issues.   So I have a new chair!   I bought it at Staples and it was marked way way down because it's a clearance model.   Yay!!    My massage therapist will be happy because it will help my shoulder.

4.   As much as I would like a couple of new lenses for my Nikon D7000, I keep reading about the mirrorless technology and thinking at some point that will be my camera.   It's way too soon to think about buying one because I really like my camera, and I know the features on the technology will continue to improve.    Maybe one day....

5.   I got a bug up my backside last evening about 5:30 and started washing some walls and doors in the room where the dogs spend their time.   Crazy how much dirt ends up in the house from a couple of busy ranch dogs.   My favorite cleaner?   Simple Green.   I love this product and use it for cleaning so many things.   And it smells good.   No, they haven't compensated me for saying this but I wouldn't mind gallons of the stuff to keep me supplied for years.   

And that's it!   I hope you all had a good week and enjoy your weekend.   

Comments

Anonymous said…
Two spoons up? I'll have to see if I can find it in the stores here in our area.... Love that helmet!! It's totally you, dahliink. :)
Bev said…
I love gelanto!!
Nancy said…
I find it interesting that one wears a helmet for horse-riding. I'm so out of the loop.

I love ice cream. I try to eat one scoop every day. Unless I've been bad. Then I don't.
Gone Country said…
I've been wanting to participate in the Random 5 blog hop but after having random thoughts all day long do you think that when I sit down at the computer to remember some of those random thoughts that I could actually remember any of them?! Ugh, drives me nuts!

Anyhow, nice helmet.

I like ice cream but we live so far away from the grocery store it would be a soupy mess by the time I got it home. Especially in the triple digit weather we're having.

Have a great weekend!
TexWisGirl said…
beau is SOOOOOOOO stinking gorgeous!

congrats on new chair AND new riding helmet!
Lynn said…
Beau and caramel cookie crunch, lucky you :-)
Snap said…
I'll have to look for the Gelato ... Caramel Cookie Crunch sounds too yummy to miss! Nice helmet and Beau isn't bad either. Nothing like a well fitting desk chair -- makes all the difference. Keep dreaming about that camera! Fun 5!
Barb said…
I'm also thinking mirrorless. I have a blog friend who has a Sony and her pics are great. (Of course, she's also very talented...) My granddaughter rides - she's a 10 year old horse-lover. She's into jumping, and I get nervous watching her. I use plain old white vinegar and water a lot - also sometimes baking soda and salt for scrubbing. Really simple!
LesleyAnn said…
Caramel Cookie Crunch ... I'll have to look for that brand of gelato. I'm one of those people who really, really loves it.

Beau is beautiful. I love being around horses.

Nice blog.
beth said…
ohhhh i need to try that gelato and i also want to try simple green.....i hope it has a great smell i can tolerate or no smell at all....darn migraine triggers :(

love the new helmet :)
Michelle said…
I am not big on ice cream either. Salty, crunchy snacks are my downfall. I have four dogs and they can really bring in the dirt!
Mary said…
Oh my gosh! Beau is beautiful! And caeamel cookie crunch gelato. Must. look. for. that. Must. Sounds divine.
Lynne said…
I liked your Randoms today. I hope I can find the gelato. Looking great in that new riding helmet . . . and what a looker that Beau is! I hope the new chair helps your discomfort . . .

I am forgetting the last two . . . I will go back and check . . .

Popular Posts