Calamari aka Squid

Do you like calamari?   I do.   So I was glad to read a recent report on our local KSBY that said the business is booming right now.

http://www.ksby.com/news/california-s-squid-industry-is-booming/#!prettyPhoto/0/

We went to San Luis Obispo (SLO) yesterday and decided to have lunch at our favorite trattoria.   Although we found their menu had changed a little, we were able to order some of the things we've enjoyed the most.   

Speaking of calamari....




Ahhhh yes, the fresh Italian bread.   We were disappointed that they are now serving focaccia with lunch, and it wasn't the thick kind....so they kindly brought us a basket of bread.


Erik jokingly asked if I wanted to take a photo of his meal, knowing that I would not.   The main ingredient begins with a V and ends with an L.   Criminal.   I couldn't even look.

Have a great Sunday.   Based on this morning's sunrise, don't be surprised if I have sky photos to share tomorrow.






Comments

Lynn said…
SLO one of my favourite places, and yes I love calamari- but sometimes have difficulty when eating the tendrils..great photos of what looks like a delicious salad.
Anonymous said…
I don't know what a V and an L stand for. Call me an inland girl. What is that long skinny stuff? Octopi? Squid? I guess not much of this appeals to my sense of taste other than *maybe* I could eat the calamari if it were deep fried. Clams.... no, they come back up as fast as they go down, and you don't even WANT to hear that story. Glad you enjoyed your platter full of stuff.... I'll just have the lettuce. LOL

Tabor said…
We used to catch squid when we lived in the South Pacific and I certainly grew to love it...breaded or not! It is a different experience when you kill your food before you eat it.
Lynne said…
I like Calamari, husband loves it more . . . never would you find me eating V . . L . . . Salad looks wonderful!
The rule around here is: Never say no to calamari. Yum!! It works out great for us, because he likes the rings and I like the tentacles best.
Cloudia said…
A personal fave. Though they are amazing creatures. The bread said so much.


Aloha
Unknown said…
I have never eaten calamari, but would be willing to give it a try.
Well, being of Greek descent, I certainly know of Calamari and eaten it many, many times. And really like it. I prefer it breaded and deep fried with a sprinkling of lemon over it, but I would also enjoy it in that fabulous-looking salad in your photo. Looks delicious!
comfypjs said…
Oh Gosh! I wouldn't have eaten anything that you have pictured with the exception of the bread. And I am now gluten free so I couldn't eat that either. As for the V _L NO THANK YOU! I'm with you it is criminal.
Michelle said…
That looks really good and we don't eat the "V" food either....
shirley said…
Oh, I love calamari, and any fresh seafood, which I am sure you have easy access to.
I agree with the V__L - I won't eat it either.

Popular Posts