More Colors and Other Stuff

The poppies will be gone soon, resting until next year.   The lupines are in full bloom along the roadways and hillsides.   I must get out for some more photos over the weekend.   


I have a cold.  I don't remember the last time I had a cold, but here it is.   Not a really bad one, just enough to make me tired and blowing my nose all day.   It's not allergies because I know the difference.   It's just a stinkin' cold.   And I caught it due to stress.   Yep.   Stress brings down the defenses and lets those viruses sneak in where they shouldn't be.   

Why the stress?   I haven't written about it here but my horse, sweet Beau, broke his jaw over two weeks ago.   He had surgery and is healing, but the contraption on his head creates other issues and it's just a very stressful time.   It was just a freak accident that caused him to fall down in his stall, landing on his right side.   I'm not going to tell you all the details because I know most of you come here for pretty pictures.   Anyway....he is healing and will be fine, but not going to carry a bit in his mouth for several months.   I was able to lease a wonderful horse that used to be mine.   I sold him to a lady who rides at the barn I was with in Gilroy.   She loves him dearly but also wants to show, and Woody doesn't like showing.   So she purchased a gorgeous show horse a couple years ago and that leaves Woody without a job.   He's here, living at my friend's barn with all the other Morgans, and next week we'll saddle him up.   

It's all about working through the issues, truly taking things as they come.   But the stress can build, which it did, and here came that sneaky cold.   Achoo, sniffle, cough....and again.   

Want to see something else that's really cute?   The young lady who works at the barn has a new puppy.   Squeeeee!    He's so cute and puts a smile on my face every time I hold him.


Go out and have a good Saturday.   I am going to make every effort to do the same, with a box of tissues nearby.


Comments

Aww he is cute! And I do know what you mean about stress. I hope your sweet horse is doing much better, and back to normal soon.
TexWisGirl said…
so sorry about beau! good healing to him!
Hi Denise Sorry to hear about your horse. ope he gets better soon. Yes that puppy is so cute. Now you need to look after yourself. Hope the cold disappears soon.
Anonymous said…
Like you, I can't remember the last time I had a true cold... allergies here and there depending on the season of the year, but no cold.

I know how you adore Beau, and he you... Woody will be more than happy to take care of your riding needs while Beau mends... xox
Tabor said…
For some reason stress lets those germs we all carry around begin to party. Hoping you are much better soon.
Comfypjs said…
I finally took that drive down the coast with my granddaughter. We stayed in Pacific Grove so I drove down the coast from San Jose. The green hills, poppies and lupine are just gorgeous! The ocean, well lets just say that I never get tired of it. We stopped to see the elephant seals and made our way to Morro Rock. We even went horseback riding at the Pebble Beach Equestrian center. Since my son is a firefighter at the station on the 17 mile drive he mentioned we should go for a ride there. It was a wonderful 4 days of vacation time! Hope your cold is over soon and that your horse mends quickly.
Lynne said…
Sorry about your Beau . . . best healing!
And for you too . . .
Stress does it for sure . . .
Thanks for the pretty pic . . .
Daryl said…
the poppies are pretty and the puppy is adorable and i am sorry for Beau (and you) .. hugs
Michelle said…
Very sorry to hear about your horse. I know what you mean about stress. Every now and again, it can get you down. Stay positive!
Beautiful shot...and a cutie patootie.
shirley said…
I hope Beau is going better now that a few weeks have passed. The photos of the flowers are so soothing to me.

Popular Posts