It's Wednesday Again?

Where did the past week go?   I've taken lots of photos and was planning to share them.   I've been spending a lot of time at the barn taking care of horses.   My mare, Fancy, has been working through a bad bout of colic since Saturday morning.   When it rains....you know the rest.   She seems to have turned the corner toward recovery and yesterday was a better day.   

With Erik home over the weekend, I was able to take him to Lowes and a couple of granite companies to gather our ideas for the kitchen remodel.   It's nice when we think alike on the ideas.   Makes it much much easier to move ahead to finalize the design and hopefully make those decisions that we want to live with forever.

Our strange, cool, cloudy, more humid weather continued through yesterday.   It's going to get windy and heat up today and we just need to get through a couple more months until Autumn.   Ahhhh yes, lovely Autumn.   The clouds have brought gorgeous skies and you can be sure I added hundreds more files to my already bursting Lightroom library.

Can you spot the little guys watching the sunset with me?


And a pole sitter in the distance?




I haven't made a decision about a new lens but I'm definitely going to get something.   Wide angle or macro?   Oh boy, hard to decide.

Have a great Wednesday and if you're in the area, check out the local California Mid-State Fair.


Comments

I was saying the exact same thing earlier this morning. This week has FLOWN by! Last week did, too, for that matter. Things move quickly on the downhill side of life. :)
TexWisGirl said…
beautiful skies! hope fancy will be okay. my old mare colic'd twice in the last couple of months and it looked bad, but she's doing well - just can't have hay any more.
Lynne said…
Gorgeous skies . . .
Happy kitchen planning and hope everything continues to go well with your Fancy!
C-ingspots said…
What beautiful skies!!! I do hope your sweet mare recovers. That's a long time to spend in pain. Do they know the cause of the colic? Poor girl...and yes, as I always lament - time flies ever more quickly as I age. *sigh*
Wonderful shots Denise- especially the third one- just beautiful!
shirley said…
Love the skies! The third photo reminds me of the skies here.
I love my macro lens, but then again, I don't have the sweeping vistas that you have out there!
This N That said…
Where did the summer go? Beautiful skies! I hope you're cooler than we are.
Daryl said…
love all these images … i highly recommend Nikon's 35mm 1:2D lens its fabulous in its medium wide or very close to macro in fact i use it more for macro than my 60mm macro/micro
Tabor said…
Whichever lens you choose, I am looking forward to your pictures.
beth said…
let me know what wide angle you are thinking about, as that is a very tricky lens!!! i have one and don't use it very often as it can distort images easily.

on the other hand, i love my macro, 100mm lens !!!

love the pole sitter !!!
xo
Jim said…
Beautiful shots. Great blog.
Cloudia said…
Your eye is just lovely!



ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>

Popular Posts