Fork in the Road

I've come to a fork in the road over a friendship.   When two people don't sit down and have honest conversations for a long time, feelings fester and can reach a boiling point.   I was blindsided and verbally attacked yesterday morning and spent the rest of the day reeling from it.   Even though she apologized and hugged me and told me she loved me, the words and the whole incident have cut pretty deep.   I can forgive but not forget, I can make the effort to heal my wounds for the sake of my happiness, but I may just be at a point in my life where I don't accept that and walk away.   I'm just not sure.   

Just as that incident ended, an amazing woman came to do body work on my horse.   She has an energy and healing spirit that is unmatched.   She is one of those people with a special gift that cannot be described.   She gave me a big hug and a few words to help me through, and it was surely what saved me from getting in my truck and heading down the road at that very emotional moment.   

And tonight my sweetheart will be home after being away for about 10 days.   With my house being torn up next Monday, I need a few days of soulful healing.   And with time, I will make the right decision.

Thanks for listening.


Comments

Makes me think of a meme I saw lately, about the benefit of living like a dog...went something like, if you can't hump it or eat it, piss on it and walk away. Sounds like good advice to me. (Just thinking out loud)
There's that saying about people coming into your life for a reason or a season. Perhaps the season for that friendship is over. I had to accept that about a friend, too. Not easy.
Comfypjs said…
I'm happy to hear that the woman who did the body work on your horse was able to quench the fire and you didn't drive off in your truck. Life & people are hard to deal with sometimes.
shirley said…
So sorry you have to deal with such a negative situation, hope you find peace with whatever decision you make.
Lin said…
I think it is okay to see a friendship to the end--but it will be important to know when the "end" is really the end. I think you will know in your heart what is right. You'll have to think about where you've been and where you are...and if you can move forward. If not, it's okay. Sometimes it's best to admit that it was fun while it lasted and it is time to move on. Doesn't mean that you won't miss the old days.

Been there.

Hugs, my friend.
This N That said…
Forgiving is one thing..forgetting yet another...Sometimes relationships have overstayed their welcome and it's time to move on..I've had that experience twice and they were both more than 30year friendships..Things and people change..values change and you must do what is comfortable for you..What feels right..You will know what's right..Hugs,
Anonymous said…
You and Missy George really echo something that happened between me and someone who was like a sister for 25 years.
She started bullying me about three years ago, it took me a year to realise what exactly was going on and I just backed right off. We still talk, but now I listen to what she says and I watch how she treats other people and I think Wow. She is NOT a very nice person.
It's true, people change. And sometimes you have to be selfish and choose to cut a toxic person out of your life.
Best of luck.
Lynne said…
I have come to a Fork In The Road , (perfect photo by the way) with a friend . . . recently. It has taken a few years for me to reach a new comfort level of friendliness. I will not forget the past . . . the before was infectious and so much fun but when I realized I was losing part of who I was at the expense of another, I knew I needed a new boundary and made the step away. The painful days are past and I have a profound new respect for myself. It was needed.
I feel sad for what happened to you the other day . . . it reminded me of myself in a similar time.
Daryl said…
many years ago a dear friend lied to me .. when i found out i was totally at a fork .. i knew i could forgive but could i forget or trust again .. my husband, not one to usually get involved, spoke to her and then to me and encouraged us to talk it out … i am glad we did because life is short and now she's gone and i think had we not .. no had i not gotten past it i would be even sadder now than i am
I am sad for you. A similar thing happened to me a couple of years back. Things are for a season but sometimes that is hard to accept. Healing comes in time.
Good to get things such as this off your chest let alone dealing with it on your own...except for the hugging horse woman. You'll do what's right for you...:)JP

Popular Posts