It's Kickoff Time

And not just for football.   Although, let me just say, the Niners win on Sunday was a very good thing in this house.   Woop woop!!!

Yesterday my Beau was given the go ahead by Dr. Dave to start back to light work under saddle.   He has made huge progress in his recovery this past few weeks and the vet was thrilled to see how well he's doing.   Now I need to find a very talented rider to start him back because he's only supposed to walk for now.   A horse like Beau with lots of energy is going to want to do more than walk.   It's going to take someone with experience to start the rehab riding.   This gal had a birthday over the weekend and I am just too old to be attempting the first rides.   Once we get to the trotting stage, I can't wait to ride him again.   Break out the good bottle of wine because there will be some celebrating!!!

Now a photo intermission.....We had some clouds this week and I saw this as I was leaving the barn Sunday evening.   It was simply beautiful.


Today I am meeting with 2 contractors.   One of them is going to do the kitchen remodel, and we have a few more details to work out before he starts work in 2-3 weeks.   The second one is replacing 2 doors and some of the siding on our house.   Needless to say, I have a lot going on with coordinating everything and getting ready for the kitchen demolition.   I've started boxing things from the kitchen but I have a long long way to go.      

I may need some breaks in the action to enjoy more of this.


And so it's kickoff time.   As my friend Daryl would say....Oy!


Comments

Tabor said…
Stunning photos as usual.
Irish Eyes said…
Beautiful photo's. Absolutely amazing.
Lynne said…
Sun rays into clouds . . . stunning!
Love your photos . . . good news about Beau . . .
Remodel and all . . .
Comfypjs said…
WOW,WOW & WOW! What a beautiful photo! You could sell that photo for some $$ to pay for your remodel.
Happy belated birthday and good luck with all the construction.
glad you captured that first shot. Awesome
Daryl said…
oy indeed … at our house things were not so rosy .. the Giants did not win, Toonman was saying how this is going to be a long season ….


gorgeous photos
This N That said…
Glad Beau is coming along. You are smart to have someone else start him out. Good luck with that. Once again beautiful pictures. Have a great day.
flwrjane said…
Beautiful photos and no disrespect to Daryl but as a Lions fan I'm over the moon with the start of football season!

Xo J
Ida said…
Not much of a football fan here anymore but when I do watch it's (Raiders) for me even though they stink most of the time.

Both your photos are breathtaking. I love the sky shot.
shirley said…
That shot of the sky as you left the barn - breathtaking! You should have that enlarged and framed.

Popular Posts