Quiet Please

Today the materials will be dropped off for the exterior work we're having done.   Fortunately it's not a long project but will involve a lot of the air compressor and nailing noise that we all love so much.   We have siding on our house that is very common out here, T-111.   Over time it deteriorates from the sun and heat and rain and general aging.   We're replacing it with a Hardy board material.   We're also replacing two exterior doors that have been on the list for a long time.   They are both patio sliders but only one new door is a slider.   The other one is the old slider coming out and a regular size door going in.   

Just about the time the exterior work is finished, the kitchen remodel work will begin.   I have to get busy and pack up the kitchen, and wouldn't you know I woke up with a neck/shoulder muscle that seized up for some reason.   Oh how I detest tight muscles in a spot that I can't reach to massage out the knots.   And my sweetie isn't home.   And Icy Hot isn't helping that much.   And did I mention I have a lot to do?   And my neck hurts?   And my shoulder?   Ow ow ow!!!

Construction noise can sometimes get on my last nerve because I'm used to a fairly quiet house with the exception of the animals.   I will be seeking solitude.


Enjoy your day.   I will be working on doing the same.


Comments

Comfypjs said…
I think you should go have a deep massage before starting work on packing up the kitchen. You will be away from the construction noise and fixing your body at the same time!
All the noise from this project will be over soon, and then you can relax in the quiet with the critters. (we keep a quiet house, too, so I understand how even a short period of construction noise can shake things up.)

I'm really excited about your new kitchen!
Tabor said…
Take something that reduces the swelling so that the pain goes away. Tension pain in the muscles is nasty.
shirley said…
Since your sweetie is not available, I say go get a massage! That will be one way to certainly enjoy your day....
This N That said…
Ice pack? Heat pack? The jury seems to be out on that. Hope it gets better soon. Have a great weekend.
Lin said…
Ugh. While I love the projects when they are completed, I don't like them while they are going on. All that mess, noise and disruption. Hang in there--it will be beautiful when it is completed!
Lynne said…
I am hurting for you . . .
did that help?
Seriously . . . maybe take a quick trip somewhere for a mini massage. I hope the OUCH works it's way out. Someone above suggested a muscle relaxer . . . good idea too.
Gorgeous photos . . . once again . . .
Anonymous said…
Aches and pains never completely go away at this age, I am finding. Just a part of the wearing down of the body I suppose. Hope the hammering isn't too bad on your ears!
Daryl said…
hoping the muscles are behaving now .. and that you've sought and gained quiet
I hope the crew finishes up quickly. Remodeling is always so stressful. I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Popular Posts