So Excited

I made coffee in the kitchen instead of the bathroom.   How about that?   It's the little things, my friends.   I was able to jump ahead of the 10 others jobs at the fabricator because of discrepancies and details that had to be worked out.   That put our countertop in front of the line and yesterday it was installed.   When they were finished, the carpenter returned and attached the pulls to the cabinets.   

I have to say, I am loving my new kitchen.   Really loving it.   I have waited 12 years for this remodel.


And if I had done the remodel 12 years ago, I would be tired of it by now, right?    Ha!


Today the faucet will be installed.   The backsplash tile and flooring will be done after Thanksgiving so we can have a construction free zone next week while Erik is working from home.   

The plan was for the stove to be re-installed after the flooring is done, but yesterday the contractor said he would bring it in for me, then take it back out when needed.   I already purchased a Thanksgiving meal from Whole Foods but it needs reheating in the oven, so it will all work out.   

It's dreary and drizzly and chilly this morning.   Doesn't soup sound good?   I think so too.


Comments

This looks fantastic, Denise! I'll bet you're getting cramps in your face from smiling so much.
TexWisGirl said…
congratulations on progress!
Comfypjs said…
It looks fabulous! I love your choices!
Pepper Medley said…
love love love. Will look forward to seeing photo with stove, faucets,backslash and all the pretty details. xox
Unknown said…
That is so pretty. What a bright area of the house. I wish I had that window by my kitchen sink!
C-ingspots said…
Just beautiful! We did ours last year and it's a delight living in a kitchen/living room that I'm not embarrassed by...so nice! Your header is gorgeous!! Glad to hear you're drizzly, we are also, but it's nothing out of the ordinary for us. Happy Thanksgiving!
shirley said…
Yay!! It's so beautiful! Love the counter tops, the soup sounds wonderful and looks like Thanksgiving will be a great meal, enjoyed in part by your new kitchen... Happy weekend!!
Tabor said…
YOu have many years of cooking and eating and entertaining to look forward to!
Looks and sounds like a great plan to enjoy your Thanksgiving!...:)JP
This N That said…
Love your colors..Everything goes so well together..Soup sounds good...Happy Turkey Day!!
Denise, I am totally envious!! It's really, really coming together perfectly and it's gorgeous!!
Lynne said…
Oooohhhh . . . I like/love it! Especially the bay like window are around the sink . . . I really like!
And the granite, cambria . . . ? counter pattern . . . really wonderful.

Happy Thanksgiving with a warmed up Whole Foods meal!
Lin said…
oh WOW! Happy New kitchen, my friend!! How absolutely BEAUTIFUL it is--and it's not even done yet. :)

beth said…
it looks fantastic!!! after having just built our new place, i know all that you are going through with getting everything done. how fun to have a new kitchen….if only we had someone to cook for us :)
Daryl said…
looks fabulous ... i am coming over for a cup o'joe
Unknown said…
Truly amazing! The slab for the counter is just gorgeous, and the updated stainless steel appliances are just perfect. The kitchen really looks so snazzy now. I hope you have many wonderful cooking memories there. Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures! Wishing you guys the best of health!

Arthur Bryant @ Contractor Express
Unknown said…
Well, congrats! It seems that you have done expert bathroom remodeling as well. Anyone can get into the aesthetics of say, the wiring or the plumbing, but it's a whole new skill entirely to not only understand but also promulgate effective and equitable design. Thanks for sharing that!

Evon Brow @ Athens Plumbing
Unknown said…
That’s quite a kitchen revamp, Denise. It’s great to see how everything is working well on your project, and how fabulous the results are. I wonder how your faucet looks like, now that it's already installed. I’ll be looking forward to reading more updates about that. Wishing you all the best!

Diana Miller @ Plumber Perth

Popular Posts