I Was Hopeful

So with all the beautiful wildflowers on our hills this year, I was hopeful my own blossoms would be plentiful.   But alas, it's not to be.   Plants and trees....especially flowering trees that bear fruit....need a longer stretch of cold temperatures.   We had very few cold days and nights this winter and very very warm days for this early in the Spring.   The blossoms on our trees are sparse and scraggly.   Our peach tree would be filled with gorgeous blossoms if we'd had a real winter (for us).   Our crabapple tree isn't showing blossoms like it has in the past and I'm beginning to wonder if it's getting too old or whether the climate changes are just taking their toll.   Even my heavenly lilacs are looking pretty sad.   It all makes me a little sad, knowing that there's nothing we can do about the warmer temperatures.   I took a few photos last night when in past years I have taken hundreds to satisfy my love of blossoms.   The times, they are changing.    Maybe next year?




Comments

TexWisGirl said…
beautiful. i wish we could grow lilacs here.
Tabor said…
The tragedy is this is all a chain, one link broken affects the insects, their broken link affects the birds which affects predators of them and that goes further up the chain.
Lin said…
Yeah, what Tabor said....

It's very scary what is happening to our Earth. Bees, water, and normal temps are going away. It will be interesting how our world adjusts....or doesn't.

Even more so--how WE adjust.
I love the smell of Lilac, These are good shots
Lynne said…
Nice shots . . . very . . .
This N That said…
Great shots..Love Lilacs..It's snowing here so it could be awhile til mine bloom..
Daryl said…
if i had known you needed colder temps, i would happily have sent you some of ours

Popular Posts