Just Around the Corner

Autumn.   She brings her own kind of special beauty and every year I wait for her because she is my favorite.   

We had another heat wave, one that extended over to the coast where normally we can find some relief.   Late yesterday the winds changed from offshore to onshore, the high pressure zone moved away, and the temperature started to drop.   I stepped outside with my camera and captured the quickly passing sunset.   


There will be a little more heat, and our skies will not be completely clear due to the drifting from the terrible fires to the north and east.   But Autumn and all that she brings is coming.   Hopefully this year she brings rain.   Lots of rain.

Have a good Tuesday.


Comments

Tabor said…
This is breathtaking. What a special sunset.
Pepper Medley said…
I think we received 3/4 inch yesterday and a little bit more rain to come later this week. Cloudy and almost cold today requiring slippers and a sweater for warming these old bones of mine. Sure hope you get some of the rain required to quench a bit of the dryness in your area soon!
This N That said…
Autumn is my favorite time of year. I hope it comes soon. We are still a little warm ,almost went to 80 today. Getting darker earlier. Happy first day of autumn tomorrow! We need rain badly..
This N That said…
Autumn is my favorite time of year. I hope it comes soon. We are still a little warm ,almost went to 80 today. Getting darker earlier. Happy first day of autumn tomorrow! We need rain badly..
Yes things are turning antumny here also. This is a superb shot
Daryl said…
gorgeous .. i wish i could capture such a sunset .. for a lazy sod like me that means actually going upstairs to the roof or walking down to the park/riverside .. or maybe as the days get shorter i will just shoot one from the office windows .. somehow i know mine wont compare with this one
Lynne said…
Wishing you "lots of rain" . . .
Gorgeous photo . . .
Happy Autumn Days on the West coast . . .
Lin said…
I love autumn! I love the colors...the smells...warmer clothes....

I hope you get the rain you are hoping for.
Ida said…
Doesn't that sunset make you happy. It's quite lovely.

Popular Posts