Such Fun

The weekend trip was really fun.   One of those short getaways where everything falls together just as you hope.   First, of course, was being able to get away overnight.   A young lady I've known for 10 years, who happens to be the loving owner of two of my foals, now both 12, was available to stay and take great care of our animals.   When you have animals, that's the key to going away and not having a care in the world about leaving.

We had a late lunch at a restaurant I used to frequent when I lived in the Bay Area, The Fish Market.   And then we headed to SF.   I have really missed being able to drive up to the city.   I was very inspired to spend some time there and take photos, which is something I have never done.   

The AT&T Park is a beautiful ballpark, built about 15 years ago right on the waterfront.   




We did our shopping, along with hundreds of others packed into the team store.   Orange and black was everywhere, including kids whose parents are passing down the Giants baseball tradition.   There were lots of families at the game and they have created areas for child fun within the park.   

We won the game!   Madison Bumgarner nearly pitched a no-hitter and threw 9 strikeouts.   We had such a good time and I enjoyed being able to take photos of some of the experience.   





This was a fun post-birthday weekend that Erik planned for us and it came together just as we hoped. An evening at the park was just perfect.


Comments

Comfypjs said…
So glad to hear that you trip went well! Your photos of the ballpark are fantastic!
This N That said…
Sounds like a perfect weekend Denise. Glad you were able to get away. I only have a dog and a cat but it can sometimes make getting away complicated . Happy belated birthday.
Daryl said…
sounds and looks perfect ...
Ida said…
Looks like you had a fabulous time. I've never been to a Major League baseball game but I have been to a Football game. It's a lot of fun for sure.
C-ingspots said…
Sounds wonderful, so happy you had a nice and carefree weekend. I totally agree on the animal caretakers bit - without that, there is no peace.
Lynne said…
Isn't it wonderful when it all falls into place . . .
Great pictures . . . looks like it was a fun time away . . .
Happy Birthdays!

Popular Posts