My Online Life

It's become more and more about online shopping for me.   And mostly Amazon.   You can find almost anything by shopping on Amazon and with a Prime membership, the shipping is free.   I am now using it for everything from good quality white crew socks that I can't find anywhere locally, to the HVAC filters that our local HVAC service company seriously over prices.   They charge TWICE what I just paid online.  

I'm sorry for the retailers that have found their sales dropping off over the years, and all the people that have worked in retail.   I shopped locally and still do for some things, but as the inventories have declined, I often don't find what I want.   I still like Target.   I still try to shop at our local tack store, but as I have what I need, I rarely go there anymore either.   I purchase shoes locally because I wouldn't attempt to buy them online.   I must try on shoes.  

I recently discovered through Facebook that Kate Spade was offering a 75% off sale.   What???   I rushed right over and made my purchase because I had to.   I would never have found that sale had it not been for FB.   Now I'm thinking I should start following other retailers on FB because you can find things you otherwise wouldn't.   And isn't that the point?   They lure you in on FB, you make a purchase, they start sending you all their other deals that may or may not be fabulous prices.   I unsubscribe soon after my purchase.   If I need them, I will find them.   But how much money did I save by finding that special sale?   Well, I really DID need a new colorful handbag for summer.   *big smile*

My idea of wonderful would be if Jeff Bezos, new owner of Whole Foods, would expand that to include affordable online grocery shopping with delivery here, 20+ miles away from the nearest store.   The ultimate in luxury, right?   It's not coming to my neighborhood anytime soon, but still....I would love that.  

I didn't end up going out for a drapery rod yesterday because it got too hot after I rode Beau and took care of his sores.   If I had bought them online, they would be delivered soon and I wouldn't even have to think about it.   I'm liking my online life more and more.



via GIPHY


Comments

Pepper Medley said…
I prefer to shop in brick and mortar stores and was very disappointed to hear that Amazon bought Whole Foods. I don't shop at Whole Foods because it is WAY across town down in Roanoke, probably a 40 minute drive for me each way. I LOVE shopping for groceries, our meats and fresh produce, at Kroger, and their stock took a real dive this week when Amazon purchased Whole Foods. I would be so unhappy if our Kroger store had to let people go or close their doors just because Bezos wants to control the world of purchasing. I would never choose to have groceries delivered unless we were both laid up and could not get out of the house to do it ourselves. I've never seen it as a good thing when one company controls too much of our lives, AND since our cc got hacked into on Amazon a couple of years ago, we rarely choose Amazon for our shopping needs.
While I love living up here in the mountains, if you want to do any serious shopping you go online or make a 2 hour trip. Since I really don't like to shop in the first place, I buy online if I can. We do have all the necessities (groceries, home depot, drug stores, restaurants, etc.) here in our little town so I don't have to contemplate large scale shopping much. And we travel enough that I can shop while on those trips most of the time.
Tabor said…
Sad that we are losing retail. We will regret it when returning online purchases becomes more common and when their inventory is too large.
I do some online shopping too - and I also try to support local establishments - Oh, for a Whole foods to be nearby - I have to travel 40 minutes to our nearest.

Lynne said…
I find online shopping easy peasy . . .
And amazon prime is my "go to" . . .
Oh, I venture out to retail once in awhile,
but . . . no matter how you slice it
retail clothes shopping is not the same.
Rack after rack after rack jammed in, coupon for this and that . . .
Tires out my weary soul . . .
Produce and Groceries, NO online for me . . .
Wonderful fresh markets around here are such a treat . . ,
(Opulence . . . avid book reader, like holding on to my book, order Amazon, at my door the next day.)
(If I can't wait a day, instant into my iPad, often costs less than the hand held book.)
We all have a vice or two . . . don't we . . .?
This N That said…
I'm with you..I get everything on line..even my dog food..It's fun having stuff come to the door and much easier to look for..I have to be careful..It's just too easy to spend money..
Daryl said…
i am a internet shoppimg junkie!

and i am hoping Amazon adds WF to their delivery ...
Shammickite said…
Shopping on line is easy, but I like getting in my car and driving to the shops. Otherwise I might never get out of the house!
Comfypjs said…
I'm with you as far as shopping online. For me, the traffic in San Jose is always like major commuting, the malls are crowded with almost no parking and then the stores are always out of what I came for. Amazon works for me as well as other clothing, shoes and etc stores that are out there.

Popular Posts