There's More

I usually have a  favorite recent photo.   My  new header is the one I have used for my desktop and I haven't grown tired of looking at it.   However, the standard theme format I am using for my blog wouldn't fit the entire photo and so I'm a little disappointed about that.   Even though I don't blog very much anymore, it bothers me when things don't look quite right.

Here's the photo in its entirety.   It's not the same without the reflection.


It's been a mixed bag, this month of July.   We had an awful terrible miserable heat wave that rolled through, taking our "at home" temperatures up to 109 on two days.   Ugh.   All you can do is get as much done in the early morning as you can tolerate, then stay inside except for necessary short trips outside.   Add to that, the fact that we had 6 (!) wildfires burning across our county and adjacent counties, and the air was not healthy for a while.   It created lots of orange in the sky, but I'd rather have no fires and no orange.


Because we have water outside for our chickens, we have other birds and creatures that either live here or visit our watering hole.   Our resident wild rabbits were digging little troughs in the dirt to stay cool, always sharing space with the chickens.   


And then this big guy showed up.   Wow.   I see jackrabbits running through fields sometimes, but never quite this close.   They are huge, as big as a dog.   



As a contrast, this week brought temperatures in the mid 80's and let me just say, it was delightful.   I rode Beau, I ran some errands without desperately trying to escape the heat, I sat outside with the dogs and enjoyed an evening breeze, and just generally felt happy through the days.   Good thing, because this weekend will be super hot again.   The only good thing I am really looking forward to?   WINTER is coming!   No, not that Winter.   THIS Winter.


Game of Thrones!!!!   I got caught up on HBO during the heat wave (good timing, HBO), and cannot wait for the new season.   

That is all.   I'm sure there's more but I'll save it for another time.

Thanks for stopping by.


Comments

These are beautiful pics, all of them. You are right, that Jack Rabbit is HUGE! And of course the bird flying above his reflection is amazing. Makes me feel a bit cooler just looking at it; we went to Cambria last weekend to escape the heat and will probably go again this weekend. Stay cool and pray for autumn to come early!
Gorgeous images. A couple of those shots look ike a Hare rather than a Rabbit. Game of thrones is made here in Northern ireland.
Lynne said…
Gorgeous pics . . . always . . .
I agree, I liked the orange too, but not the thought of why/what.
I can't imagine that kind of heat temp
and wondering about fire being close must be a daunting, daily, not so much fun!
Liked thinking more about you relaxing outdoors in the evening , with a gentle breeze.
Great pictures of the Jack Rabbit.
Poor little bunnies burrowing to find a cool spot.
I was happy to visit you today . . .
This N That said…
That is a gorgeous picture..yours always are...Those Jack Rabbits are huge..I haven't seen one for real in a very long time..We have to settle for bunnies..lots of bunnies..Never thought I'd be thankful for mid eighties..I dislike summer..I think it's way more confining than winter..can't wait for real winter..well, at least, fall..stay cool Denise
Daryl said…
go to Picmonkey.com (free editing site) and resize it ... 1000x400 play around with it, i find 1006x430 works best ...
Unknown said…
A couple of those shots look ike a Hare rather than a Rabbit. Game of thrones is made here in Northern ireland.


หนังใหม่
Hi Denise! Just going through my "blog list" and thought I'd stop over and let you know that I'm thinking about you. I hope all is well in your time zone, and you're enjoying a good September! And by the way, I LOVE the photos, and I love the Jack Rabbit too - We don't have them here in Virginia.

Take care!!

Popular Posts