Hello It's Me

October is here.   My favorite month is not acting like Autumn, so I'm wondering if November is the new October.   Our nights are much cooler but the days?   Not so much.   And with the horrible fires burning in California, the skies are hardly crisp and blue as they should be.   I won't feel sorry for myself because so many people have suffered great loss across our planet, but I just wish we had taken better care of our planet so Mother Earth wouldn't be screaming so loudly.  

We went on a wonderful vacation to New York City and it wasn't Autumn there either.   It was hot and humid, and we don't do humid.   We whined about it but walked and walked, as New Yorkers do, and welcomed the relief of restaurants and museums with their air conditioners drying our brows and clothes.  

The last day before we flew out, last Tuesday, the sky was beautifully blue with light clouds.   We were on our own that day and so I was able to make it more of a camera day.   I was rewarded for waiting.   We went to the World Trade Center where I met everyone's friend Daryl.   Yes, THAT Daryl.   She of  http://onthem104.blogspot.com  fame.   She took us to her office on the 43rd floor and showed us the incredible views she enjoys every day.  As you might imagine, Daryl is someone you can talk with for hours, but she had to get back to work and we were heading elsewhere to fit a little more into our last day.





I know I've been absent from my blog for a few months.   If you stopped by today, I appreciate your visit.   I will try to share more photos from our vacation this week.   


Comments

This N That said…
It has been unusually warm here in the east..even hot..We are finally in the 70's..may have frost tonight but the days will still be 70ish.That last picture is wonderful..I don't know Daryl. I guess I'll have to look her up..Glad that you could get together..It would be such fun to meet some of my blogger pals..Good to hear from you!!
Lynne said…
Wonderful to see you Denise . . .
NYC in hot/humid, not the best . . .
Yet, NYC visit, sites, people watching . . . meeting up with a friend . . . quite wonderful.
I agree, so much suffering around everywhere these past weeks, months . . .
The fires, loss, sad, leaving me without words . . .
I peeked in at your friend/blog . . . I must return . . .
And as usual . . . your eye . . . exceptional!
Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Daryl said…
i am SO glad we had even that hour together .. next time you and i are going photo hunting together .. i am envious of the photos you got! xo

You got some awesome shots! and isn't it fun to meet a blog friend.

Popular Posts