If I'm Being Honest

I don't like to cook.   I get tired of thinking of interesting things, I don't like grocery shopping, and I am alone most nights for meals.   It doesn't make for much inspiration or willingness to put out the effort.   Still, a home cooked meal is nice and I go through periods where I aspire to be better at it.   So I was receptive to a 50% Hello Fresh offer.   Last week I received the first order.

The first meal was chicken with a fig sauce, roasted sweet potato, and a salad.   We liked it!   The second meal was a seasoned skirt steak with roasted potatoes/sweet potato and balsamic brussels sprouts.   Again, we liked it!   The third meal was teriyaki chicken with rice and green beans.   And we liked it!

These aren't difficult meals to make on your own without Hello Fresh.   But they were affordable, just the right portion sizes, and all inclusive.   Well, you have to add your own oil, butter, and those things.   Today we will receive our second package so we'll give it 3 more tries and then decide whether we want anymore deliveries.   You can skip weeks, and can also just cancel at any time.   Easy.   If nothing else, I have some new simple recipes that I can just create on my own without having to make those "What shall I cook?" decisions.

Autumn finally arrived a couple days ago which means soup season, along with cool enough temperatures to turn on the oven.   Rain is coming at the end of this week so I've been in search of some new boots.   I tried on two pairs over the weekend but neither one was exactly right.   I have my ugly muck boots that serve me well outside on the property, but I would like some that keep my feet warm and dry for being out and about.   I don't like wet shoes, wet socks, wet feet.    I shall persevere and find the right pair.

Oh how I wish those wires would just be gone, but what a pretty sky we had last night.   


Thanks for stopping by on this first day of November.   The sun is shining, have a good day.


Comments

Tabor said…
Boots. UGh. I had not thought about that. I hope I can find mine! Lovely sky.
It's weird. I like to cook during the day, but I really don't like it at suppertime. That's why I batch cook and freeze stuff. Supper decisions are made while standing in front of the freezer. Eeny, meeny, miney, mo. Tonight, it was soup. Tomorrow? Who knows.
Pepper Medley said…
I guess that's why we make very large pots of soup, so that we can pop some into the freezer for those nights when we don't feel like cooking. In fact, perhaps some of our homemade bean soup would be good tomorrow night! Glad to hear you are enjoying your meal deliveries. They sound tasty.
Hope you find some nice boots before the rain sets in. I'm SO looking forward to it, and loving that our 90 degree days are finally over! Enjoy the cooler weather and your newfound meal service. It's a great time to stay in and enjoy some home cooked meals.
Lynne said…
I like to cook . . . even so . . .
The Hello Fresh meals sound like they were a great enjoyable 50% trial.
I might have to look that up.

Beautiful sky . . . a peek of pink/red . . . and I know, darn wires!
Still a great view!
Daryl said…
highly recommend LaCanadienne .... my absolute favs (they changed them up a bit from 2 yrs ago when i got these) ..https://www.lacanadienneshoes.com/us/boots/cathy-5468125-black

Popular Posts