It's A Start

The new tree is standing in the corner of the living room with lights and so far nothing else.   I love to  get up in the morning and see those lights.   I think this weekend I will decide how to decorate.   It's a slightly bigger tree than our last and so I may need a few more decorations.   We'll see.

November has been very warm with barely a sprinkle of rain.   We finally had a night that was cold enough to shock the trees into dropping most of their leaves.   But today is forecast to be nearly 90.   I hope the trees don't start to bud, then get shocked again and don't know what to do.   Last year was so delightful with the abundance of rain.   This year, so far, nothing.   I've saved money by not purchasing new boots for the rainy days.   Is that a good thing?   No, I'd rather have the rain and the boots.

We've had some pretty skies with clouds that make for sunrises and sunsets worth watching.




Thanksgiving is upon us.   It will just be the two of us and because someone (not I) has come down with a bad cold, we are not going to do a typical (for us) Thanksgiving dinner.   I'm thinking chicken soup in the Instant Pot with some fresh rolls and of course some pie.    A bigger meal can wait for another day when we can both enjoy it.   

Have a wonderful holiday and as always, I appreciate you stopping by.

Cheers!

Comments

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! You are right, we have had the best sunsets recently, every night is a parade. Being out later at night I've also seen lots of bright meteors, too. But this 90 degree weather....all those east coast types who hate snow can have it. I wish it was more seasonably cold, there's a closet full of sweaters and scarves I'd love to wear!
Lynne said…
Happy Thanksgiving the day after.
Hope the cold is better for your guy.
Love your sky, sun set photos . . .
Hope we can see yourctree too!
Daryl said…
belated happy thanksgiving and tree trimming .. i always wish this time of year that i was christian so i could have a tree ... a menorah is lovely and very symbolic but a christmas tree has long been a dream .. of course w/3 cats now and a husband w/asthma it aint happening ...
Hilary said…
What gorgeous photos...you have the most amazing skies.

Popular Posts